Key Areas of Achievement
David P. Nixon has been helping successful business owners overcome growth plateaus and achieve their next level of growth for decades. David helps business principals who have seen a leveling-off in their businesses recognise common roadblocks to further growth within their organizations, analyze the real issues and help develop a path to greater success.
- Board Member of a $1.3B water pipeline alliance that was delivered early under budget, in a heavily stakeholder charged environment.
- As a Board Member and Consultant to several start-up organisations, applying highly developed business acumen and risk management expertise to ensure their continuing success.
- As Chairman the NSW Liberal Party’s Audit & Governance Committee, ensuring compliance in the highly regulated and sensitive sector.
- As Chair of the Australian Water Association Policy & Strategy Committee, developing the 2016 election national water strategy, statement of claims and undertaking advocacy of political parties.
- Providing board level advice to several organisations on future trends, strategic planning and organisational alignment including the recent governance and probity review on the NSW Rice Marketing Board.
- Developing strategic business planning for Seqwater, Queensland Urban Utilities and several other utilities.
- Successfully working as the State General Manager of KBR during the post mining boom downturn, with responsibility for downsizing the business to ensure its sustainability.
- Providing astute and deft financial and business leadership within multinationals, government authorities, local government, small business and not-for-profits.
- Holding owner responsibility for the water cycle for Brisbane, bringing the city through the millennium drought and restructuring to a new industry model.
Passion and Values
David is passionate about all that he does. He commits the time required to undertake the job and will always be first to offer to take on a new task.
David is well connected, spending a considerable amount of time networking across industry, governments, and clients.
David works well within a team and is an experienced change agent, working at his best when lifting a business to a new level.
Industry Skills and Experience
Engineering and Asset Management
Extensive Engineering & Construction Management and Asset Management Experience. Board, Alliance and Executive Experience at KBR Ltd, AbiGroup, McDonnell Dowell etc.
Water Management and Environment
Extensive Water Management, Water Utilities, Renewables, Environment Protection and Sustainability Experience. Experience including Brisbane City Council, QUU, Seqwater, ICON Water, Solo Water, MidCoast Water etc
Business Transformation and change
Extensive Business Transformation, Mergers and Acquisitions, downsizing/ upsizing and organisational change experience. Experience including Utilities, Councils, NYSE listed companies and numerous SME’s.
Capital Works Oversight
Extensive experience delivering major capital programs and Private Public Partnerships. Projects including billion-dollar pipeline alliances, industrial facilities & public infrastructure. Operation & Maintenance contacts across civil, mechanical, electrical and ICT disciplines.
Governance, Risk and Audit
Current Chair of Audit committee, prequalified as Audit Committee member by NSW Government, Extensive experience in non-financial audit.
Leads strategic development for several boards, advisors in Strategic and Operational Planning for numerous clients, including established, start-up and scale-up.
Recruitment and Remuneration
Have recruited thousands of staff, manager, executive and boards members over 30 years. In-depth understanding of remuneration systems, KPI setting and performance review.
Extensive experience in industry, member, community and government agencies.
Operational and Project Oversight
Have provided oversight over numerous operational and project commencements, management and transformations.
|Feb 2018||Coalition for Conservation Inc – Non-Executive Director|
|Feb 2018||OSD Australia Pty Ltd – Chairman|
|June 2017||International Water Association – Australian Governing Committee Member|
|Nov 2016||Nixon Tourism Pty Ltd – Non-Executive Director|
|June 2015||Australian Water Association – NSW Branch – Board Member|
|Mar 2017||Liberal Party of NSW – Chairman Audit & Governance Committee|
|Mar 2018||SGLBA inc – Independent Governance Committee Member|
|2008||2014||Australian Water Association – QLD Branch – Board Member|
|2006||2014||Australian Water Association – Chair National Sustainability Ctm|
|2011||2012||Unitywater Program & Project Services Program – Alliance Board|
|2010||2012||Northern Link Project Alliance – Alliance Board|
|2010||2012||Commbabah & Staplyton Program Alliance – Alliance Board|
|2010||2011||Pimpama Water Futures Package D Program – Alliance Board|
|1989||1993||SLS Lower North Coast Branch – Director|
|1987||1994||Cape Hawke SLSC Inc – Chair and Director|