Key Areas of Achievement
David Nixon has been helping successful business owners overcome growth plateaus and achieve their next level of growth for decades. David helps business principals who have seen a levelling-off in their businesses recognise common roadblocks to further growth within their organisations, analyse the real issues and help develop a path to greater success.
- Providing board level advice to several organisations on future trends, strategic planning and organisational alignment including the recent governance reviews and processes to the NSW Government.
- As Chair of the Australian Water Association Policy & Strategy Committee, developed the 2016 election national water strategy, statement of claims, and undertaking advocacy of political parties.
- As a Board Member and Consultant to several start-up organisations, applying highly developed business acumen and risk management expertise to ensure their continuing success.
- Board Member of a $1.3B water pipeline alliance that was delivered early under budget, in a heavily stakeholder charged environment
- As Chairman of the NSW Liberal Party’s Audit & Governance Committee, ensuring compliance in the highly regulated and sensitive sector.
- Successfully working as the State General Manager of KBR during the post mining boom downturn, with responsibility for downsizing the business to ensure its sustainability
- Providing visionary and astute business and financial leadership within multinationals, government authorities, local government, small business and not-for-profits.
- Holding responsibility for the water cycle for Brisbane, bringing the city through the millennium drought and restructuring to a new industry model.
- Developing strategic business planning for Seqwater, Queensland Urban Utilities and several other utilities.
Passion and Values
David is passionate about all that he does. He commits the time required to undertake the job and will always be the first to offer to take on new tasks.
David is well connected, spending a considerable amount of time networking across industry, governments, and clients.
David works well within a team and is an experienced change agent, working at his best when lifting a business to a new level.
Industry Skills and Experience
Engineering and Asset Management
Extensive engineering & construction leadership and asset management experience. Board, Alliance, and executive experience at KBR Ltd, AbiGroup, McDonnell Dowell etc.
Water Management and Environment
Extensive water management, water utilities, renewables, environment protection and sustainability experience. Experience including Brisbane City Council, QUU, Seqwater, ICON Water, Solo Water, MidCoast Water etc.
Business Transformation and Change
Extensive business transformation, mergers and acquisitions, downsizing/upsizing and organisational change experience. Experience including Utilities, Councils, NYSE listed companies and numerous SME’s.
Capital Works Oversight
Extensive experience delivering major capital programs and Private Public Partnerships. Projects including billion-dollar pipeline alliances, industrial facilities & public infrastructure. Operation & maintenance contacts across civil, mechanical, electrical and ICT disciplines.
Board Skills and Experience
Governance, Risk and
Current Chair of Audit committee, prequalified as Audit Committee member by NSW Government. Extensive experience in financial and non-financial audits.
Lead strategic development for several boards, advisors in Strategic and Operational Planning for numerous clients, including established, start-up and scale-up.
Have recruited thousands of staff, management executive and boards members over 30 years. In-depth understanding of remuneration systems, KPI setting and performance review.
Extensive experience in industry, member, community and government agencies with a key focus on organising, monitoring and improving stakeholder relationships.
Operational and Project
Have provided oversight over numerous operational and project commencements, management and transformations.
Nixon Tourism Pty Ltd
Coalition for Conservation Inc
OSD Australia Pty Ltd
Gerald and Rose Pty Ltd
Liberal Party of NSW
Chairman Audit Committee
Sydney Gay & Lesbian Business Association
Australian Water Association
Chair National Sustainability Ctm
Unity water Program & Project Services Program
Cape Hawke Surf Life Saving Club
Chair and Director
Australian Water Association NSW Branch
2015 – 2019
Commbabah & Staplyton Program Alliance
Pimpama Water Futures Package D Program
SLS Lower North Coast Branch
International Water Association
Australian Governing Committee Member
Northern Link Project Alliance
Australian Water Association QLD Branch